My name is Salomon Kabongo KABENAMUALU. I’m currently a Student at the African Master in Machine Intelligence (AMMI), working toward an M.Sc in Machine Intelligence as sponsored by Facebook and Google. Before joining AMMI, I obtained my M.Sc in Mathematics from The University of the Western Cape in 2019 in affiliation with the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS South Africa), during which I got introduced to the field of Machine Learning and worked on investigating propreties of words embeddings under the supervision of Prof. Etienne Barbard. I also hold a B.Sc and honors degree in Mathematics and Computer Science from Université de Lubumbashi.
My research interests include but not limited to:
- Natural Language Processing
- Simultaneous translation
- Language Translation especially for low resources languages
- Deep learning
- Speech Recognition
Talks and Presentations
- Introduction to Natural Language Processing, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cape Town, South Africa.
- The Transformer, From RNN to Attention, Data Science for Social Impact Research Group, Lab meeting 17 April 2020, Pretoria, South Africa, Youtube recording, slides.
Member of the Association for Computing Machinery, ACM FCA. I was among the 36 new members (October 2019) selected from hundreds of very competitive applications, from academic institutions, research labs, and companies all over the world invited to participate in the ACM Future of Computing Academy (FCA) for a duration of 3 years.
- Phone: (+233) 20 075 1986 (Ghana) / (+254) 79 583 5461 (Kenya)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org