I am a doctoral candidate in computer science at Leibniz Universität Hannover (LUH) and a research assistant at the AI Future Lab of the L3S research center and the Data Science and Digital Libraries research group at TIB. My academic background includes an MSc in Mathematics Science from the The University of the Western Cape in South Africa and an MSc from the African Master in Machine Intelligence (AMMI) (University of Ghana) sponsored by Google and Facebook through the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences.
My research interests include but not limited to:
- Natural Language Processing
- Automatic Speech Translation especially for low resources languages
- Automatic Speech Recognition
- Machine Translation
- Deep learning
- Inserting Knowledge Graph in DL architectures
- Knowledge Graph and Information Extraction
Talks and Presentations
- Introduction to Natural Language Processing, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cape Town, South Africa.
- The Transformer, From RNN to Attention, Data Science for Social Impact Research Group, Lab meeting 17 April 2020, Pretoria, South Africa, Youtube recording, slides.
- [Deceber 2021] We won the ICADL 2021 Best Paper Award .
- [November 2021] My wife and I moved to the US as a permanent residents.
- [February 2021] I got married :) and happyly enjoying my married life.
- [Nov 2020] Thrilled to announce that I joined @l3s_luh/@TIBHannover Research lab and started my Ph.D. at Leibniz Universität Hannover (LUH) under the supervision of Prof. Sören Auer.
- I Recently participate in the Google hash code 2020, our team was ranked 1747/10724 on the online competition.
- [Jun 2020] I was accepted into the DLRL Summer School 2020 hosted by CIFAR and Mila
- I recently participate in the Google hash code 2020, our team was ranked 1747/10724 on the online competition.
- Member of the Association for Computing Machinery, ACM FCA. I was among the 36 new members (October 2019) selected from hundreds of very competitive applications, from academic institutions, research labs, and companies all over the world invited to participate in the ACM Future of Computing Academy (FCA) for a duration of 3 years.
- Book a call appointment with me here.
- Email: email@example.com